WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Don't be fooled by the grim-faced picture. It was the only unblinking one. For me, words are worth a thousand pictures. I'm looking forward to saying hi to all of you.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why am I wearing black in spring while Beyonce is wearing bright yellow?

I have to take a fashion tip from her. But ah, spring in the Northeast. The week, you’ll see the magnolia bloom and the daffodils rising through the sodden ground. You’ll smell the heady scent, the permeating pollens which didn’t bother me one bit after seven years of allergy shots. You’ll see turtles sunning on the rocks in the Japanese Garden, ducks ducking ass-up in the lily pond. And in April, you’ll see the cherry blossoms in bloom. I remember them raining down on my daughter when she was a toddler, how she ran after them, head back, giggling, her chubby hands opening and closing. Ah, spring!

No comments: